Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- You will be treated with respect and courtesy by all practice staff.
- You are entitled to a copy of the Practice Leaflet.
- We will visit a patient in their own home if they are too ill to get to the surgery.
- Patients with an emergency will normally be seen the same day, but not always by their usual doctor. Appointments are for 10 minutes and one problem only.
- Repeat prescriptions will usually be ready within 3 working days.
- We try to keep to appointment times. If there is a delay, please be patient as the doctor may be attending an emergency or have a patient with complex problems.
- We will offer advice and information about how you can promote good health and prevent ill health.
- You will be given appropriate advice and care outside normal surgery hours by the out of hours provider.
- Please treat doctors and staff with the same courtesy.
- Please read the practice leaflet, it will help you get the best out of the services we offer.
- If you need a home visit, please contact the surgery by 10:00, unless it is an emergency, when we should be contacted immediately. Home visits are for those who are too ill or infirm to come to the surgery.
- Please only request an emergency appointment when you have a genuine emergency medical need.
- Please order your repeat prescription whilst you still have at least three days supply of medication.
- Please let us know if you need to cancel your appointment to enable us to offer the appointment to someone else. Please also inform us if you feel you need a longer appointment.
- Please also take responsibility for your own health and wellbeing and that of your family members by acting on the medical advice that you have been given.
- Please only call the doctor after hours if you are not sure whether your problem could wait.